Friday 13 February 2015

Valentine’s White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake




I got a pair of fab heart-shaped spring-form cake tins for Christmas and as Valentine’s Day is round the corner, I thought it was about time I put them to use! Raspberry and White Chocolate are a killer combination, so I thought I’d make up a cheesecake recipe which anyone can manage! I haven't put in measurements as it all depends on tin-sizes and personal taste (e.g. some people will like more icing sugar than others).

Ingredients
For the base:
Digestive biscuits, bashed up
Unsalted butter, melted

For the filling:
Ricotta soft cheese
Mascarpone soft cheese
Double cream, whipped to stiff peaks
Raspberries (frozen or fresh)
White chocolate, chopped
Icing sugar
White chocolate, melted (optional)


Method:
Mix the crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter until all biscuits are clearly coated.
Spoon the mixture into the tins then press down with fingers or spatula.
Mix the whipped double cream, icing sugar, ricotta, mascarpone, chopped chocolate and raspberries.
Spoon into the tins and level off the top.
Cover the top with melted white chocolate.
Put into the freezer for a few hours.
Allow the cheesecake to thaw for 30 minutes-1 hour before serving.



And it's as easy as that! Tried and tested on my flatmates who all love it, so if you're at a loss for something sweet tomorrow, give it a go!

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x