Thursday 29 January 2015

Wish List: Following the Blogger Hype


I’m back into regularly reading many blogs again, and there are always running themes: everyone seems to be one step (or seven!) ahead of me when it comes to the latest craze or even products which have been around for ages and still have amazing reputations. And although I've managed to get my hands on a few, there are still so many that I’m yet (and desperate) to try! Most of the blogs I read are beauty blogs, so most of these products are beauty-related.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Everyone under the sun seems to rave about this eye primer. I have oily eyelids so if I do wear eyeshadow it usually slides off within a few hours or at least cakes up in my crease. I’ve tried the Rimmel eyeshadow primer and it doesn’t do much for me, but I’ve read that the Urban Decay primer is incredible. I have to try it.

MAC Products
Hello everyone, my name’s Wendy and I have never tried a MAC product. *shock horror* MAC is one of those brands which is constantly raved about and makes up a lot of people’s ‘holy grail’ staples, but I have never invested. I think what has stopped me is the price, plus I don’t seem to know where to get it (lack of research on my part). Particular products I want are the 237 eyeshadow brush, Mineralize Skinfinish highlighter, lipsticks (all of them!) and Studio Fix foundation fluid.

Yankee Candles
Am I the last person on earth to buy a Yankee candle?! Probably. I love candles, but when I see the price of the Yankee candles, I just can’t justify spending that kind of money on them. I also want to try candles from The White Company and Jo Malone, but I have the same issue. Maybe once I’ve made the first investment I’ll think that it’s worth it!

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
Another holy grail product for sooo many people, I have read post after post about how this works wonders on their skin. I’ve still not come across a cleanser which works particularly well with my oily/combination skin, so just have to see if it lives up to expectations.

NARS Products
Another range of products which are pricier but apparently worth it, I want to see what the hype is about. It seems that the foundations and blushers are the most talked about. Why all the fuss? I need to find out!

Sleek Cheek Palettes
Now these are more within my price-range, so it’s just laziness and other priorities which have stopped me from getting any of these so far. The blush trios and the contour kit take my fancy the most.


Do you disagree with the hype over any of these products? Do you have any other recommendations?

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. I have dry skin and found cleanse and polish not that great, although it may work for you! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe it'll work better on my oily skin. I'll do some more research! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x