Monday 17 June 2013

30 Day Snaps #14, #15 and #16: Operatic Weekend Away


Days 14, 15 and 16

Sorry I couldn’t post over the weekend. As I said in my Day #13 post, I didn’t have access to the internet, so I am finally getting to it now! As I have quite a few photos from over the past few days, instead of just doing individual ones for each day, I thought I’d compile them and treat you to them all!


Pretty flowers (or weeds, rather) on the way to the station at 5.30am on Friday.
At Keith train station at dawn!
I was up at 5am on Friday to get the train down to Doncaster, arriving at 1pm, to then head straight to an afternoon rehearsal, then onto an evening performance in Sprotbrough. I got to bed at 11pm, and as you can imagine I was shattered.

Three ladies to the Queen of the Night in Mozart's The Magic Flute on Friday night in Sprotbrough. (I'm First Lady, in the middle.)
On Saturday I went through to Leeds to meet up with my friend Vicki (who I lived with at uni) for lunch. We went to Pizza Express in Headingley which was lovely as usual. (My favourite pizza in the world is the Pollo ad Astra pizza. It’s sooo good!)

The beautiful Vicki.
Then it was onto rehearsal and performance again, this time in Leeds. Both performances were sold-out and we were received very well, getting some great feedback! The performance on Saturday night was especially fun as the audience were so responsive. In the Carmen excerpt of the show, there is audience participation where they come onto the stage and can join in the fun with a glass of wine, and the people who came up on Saturday were great fun! We all went to a nice pub along the road afterwards and as the cast is all great fun, we had a really nice night.

Me and the beautiful Sarah (I'm on the right) as Dorabella (Sarah) and Fiordiligi (me) from Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte. We've just come off stage, so are super shiny!
Anyway, I stayed with my musical director, John, and his wife, Mary, in Knaresborough which was lovely. It’s like staying in a really good hotel, so I was quite happy!

Beautiful spare room at John and Mary's.
Nice decor!
Very fitting for a Musical Director's house!
Yesterday it was back home (another 8.5-hour train journey). All in all, it was a really good weekend, and feeling so tired today was definitely worth it! :)

Some of these pics are from my Instagram - I'm not that great-a photographer! :)

x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x