Monday 13 May 2013

The Perfect Summer Nail Colour


I have found the perfect summer nail polish all for the extravagant price of... £1!

That's right, I picked up this gem in Poundland of all places (who knew they actually have a make-up section?!), and it was love at first sight. I have been liking orange a lot over the past few years, so I do love me a good coral, and this is no exception. I already have some matte coral polishes (not matte as in "not shiny", but matte as in "not shimmery" - e.g. Rimmel 60 seconds, Barry M Gelly nails, etc), but Revlon 610 Charismatic Nail Enamel is a beautiful pearlescent coral. I am wearing 2 coats in the picture, along with a top coat of Sally Hansen Mega Shine:

Revlon 610 Charismatic, £1 from Poundland!

This polish applies beautifully, it's non-streaky and it dries fairly quickly too. It's one of these polishes that makes your hands (and feet!) look really nice (if you know what I mean). Coral compliments all skin tones, and as it is sophisticated and non-garish, I can wear it for formal as well as informal. I can't believe I managed to pick it up for the bargain price of £1. Love it.

x

15 comments:

  1. This is pretty. I love coral for summer anyway and the pearly sheen is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is isn't it. And a steal at £1! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hey there, this is such a great colour, very summery.
    I really love your blog and it’d be great if we could follow each other. Let me know on my blog? Thanks, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do the whole "follow for follow" thing hun, I only follow blogs that I really like, but I'll definitely check yours out :) x

      Delete
  3. I got a colour just like this the other day, by Essie! :) love corals and peaches in nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try some Essie polishes - I'm quite isolated where I'm living right now, so my 'local' Boots doesn't have many ranges! xx

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous colour! You're right, it is the perfect shade for summer :)

    And, when we can pick up such bargains from Poundland like this, you can't really go wrong!

    Laura's All Made Up ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Couldn't believe Poundland had this! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm scared of coral I don't know why lol but that color looks amazing on you :) love the pearlescent touch! You've got a cute blog, I really like it. I'm your newest follower :) Hopefully you can check out my blog and follow back :)

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just saw that you don't do follow for follow, lol woops, but it would be nice if you still checked out my blog :)

      Delete
    2. Aw I love coral - don't give up on it, there are different shades: one will suit you! :) Checked out your blog, it's really nice :) xx

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty shade - love corals/oranges for spring :)x


    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful colour and what a bargain! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x