Wednesday 15 May 2013

Cheat's Easy-Peasy Banoffee Pie


My wonderful work colleague Ellen has brought in her amazing banoffee pie to work twice now, so I – with my ridiculously sweet tooth – asked her how on earth she made such a masterpiece, and I could not believe how easy it actually is. Maybe every banoffee pie is just as easy and I am just late on in realising, but in any case I wanted to share the 'secret' with you! It's so easy, I drafted my niece, Aria, in to do most of the legwork! ;) (N.B. I'm afraid that if you're on a diet, this recipe is definitely not for you! Sorry!!)


You will need:
1 ready-made pastry flan case
2 bananas
Nestlé Carnation Caramel (397g tin)
Double cream (approx. 300ml)
2 tbs icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Cadury’s Crunchies (optional)







^ + vanilla essence (but you can't see it in the pic) ^







As you can probably guess, it is really rich, but in a way that's a good thing as then you can only have a small slice at a time! Let me know if you try it or have made something similar before. And if you have any other suggestions for things that Aria and I can make together, do let me know!

x

10 comments:

  1. This looks SO unbelievably amazing! I'm officially hungry now ;)

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw it's so good! Definitely give it a try :) xx

      Delete
  2. Going to have to try this one out!
    Great blog, following, check out my blog and follow if you like it?
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy, definitely give it a go! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ahh this looks so easy but yet so scrummy! Have you made a millionaire shortbread together? Its super easy if you cheat. Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not made that before, but sounds great! Thanks for the idea :) xx

      Delete
  4. Looks brilliant! Your niece is super cute!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha she is isn't she - I love the crazy pic of her! xx

      Delete
  5. hahaha your niece is hilarious! That looks so yummy - and looks like you two had lots of fun making it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she's a nutter! It was a lot of fun :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x