Sunday 7 April 2013

Things I am Loving at the Moment: April


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pore and Shine Daily Scrub

I am no skin expert so I don't know all the technical stuff that goes on with my skin or the reasons, but I can tell you that I love this facewash! I read Hollie from Good Golly Miss Hollie's post on this facewash a few months back and as my skin seemed to be looking and feeling worse and worse, I thought I'd finally give it a go. I have oily/combination skin so have quite a few blackheads, can get a few spots (I have mild scarring from some spots) and have general imperfections all of the time. I was using a combination of Dirty Works (a Soap and Glory copy I think) Blemish Buster 2-in-1 Scrub + Mask and Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash, and my skin was starting to feel like it was never clean, even straight after washing.

But after using the Pore and Shine Daily Scrub, I literally saw and felt a difference from the first wash. It felt like I had washed my face for the first time in months. My pores were smaller, my skin felt and looked smoother, I'm not as shiny, I've hardly had any spots since using it and within 1 week my skin went from gross to near perfect (well, as near to perfect as my skin can be! I don’t think my blackheads are going anywhere soon). My make-up goes on and stays on better, and is less noticeable as my pores are so much smaller. If you have oily or just dirty-feeling skin, I'd say "give this a go!"


Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Having watched a few of Zoe of Zoella's videos, her glowing report on this foundation swayed me to buy one about 2 months ago. And I am so glad I did.

As the lighting in Boots can be awful and therefore misleading when trying to find the right skin-colour match, previously causing me to purchase 2 Maybelline foundations at least 1 shade too dark for my skin, therefore leaving quite a noticeable difference between my face and neck, I got my sister to help pick the correct shade with me. I bought 100 Ivory and have been very pleased with the results. I would say it has medium coverage but is also buildable (so occasionally I will put a second layer on my forehead and cheeks) and as the shade is such a good match for my skin, the fact I am wearing foundation is hardly noticeable. I now hardly need concealer (another of Zoe's recommendations, Collection 16 hour Lasting Perfection Concealer in no.1 FAIR) so only use it under my eyes and on the rare especially bad spot. As there is the 3 for 2 offer across make-up in Boots at the moment, I invested in another 2 bottles the other day as part of the offer, but as it is very affordable at £8.99, I'd be happy to buy is full price anyway! Fantastic recommendation Zoella; I'm so glad to have bought it!


Being at home/Birthday at home

I am at home now to work at the wonderful Glenfiddich for a few months. I love the job and it is so nice to be back with my immediate family again (except my mum stays in Aberdeen through the week, booo) and it was lovely to be at home with them for my birthday this year. I was working in the day and in the evening we watched films  and dad made us curry (which is incomparable to any other), and although we ended up having cake at stupid o'clock, it was a really relaxed, lovely evening and I loved it. The next day Weez, Aria and I went to Elgin as I had a day off, and we went out for lunch then ten-pin bowling. And tomorrow night we’re going out for dinner as my mum will be back and I want to do something including her too. SO, I am just soaking up all this lovely family time and making the most of it while I'm here, as even though it will be the longest I'm home in about 5 years, I know the time will just fly by!


Disney's Tangled

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a big Disney fan. I am 25 and I love Disney. I am not ashamed or afraid to admit it. I want to be a Disney Princess. End of.

(Taken from Google Images)
However, for some reason I was prejudiced about Tangled and I never really cared to go and see it when it was in the cinema. It's been on DVD for almost 2 years now, and as the BOGOF offer is back on Disney DVD's at Tesco again, Weez bought it (mainly for Aria to watch). So a few days ago (on my birthday) I finally watched it. And the verdict? I. LOVE. IT.

I cannot believe I waited this long! It has fast become one of my absolute favourite Disney films, having watched it 4 times in 4 days. The individual characters are exactly that: individual. Each personality is so detailed and believable and different and interesting. Mandy Moore does an amazing job as the voice of Rapunzel and really encompasses her quirky character, so much so that Rapunzel is up there with Belle as one of my fave princesses (yes, I am that sad that I have a running order). Flynn/Eugene is again completely unlike any other Disney hero; Mother Gothel is wonderful as the 'bad-guy' (Donna Murphy does such a great job as the voice); Maximus the horse is hilarious; Pascal the Chameleon is awesome (and so cute); the 'ruffians' are again so funny and the best part in the whole film is right at the end when one of the drunks is floating (attached to lanterns) as cupid… If you don't know which bit I mean, then you will just have to watch the film!

It is absolutely hilarious, the storyline is wonderful and the visuals and always beautiful music (by the incredible Alan Menken) make this film an absolute MUST-SEE if you're a Disney fan. And even if you're not a Disney fan, go watch it. Right now.


Anyway, those are my current general favourites, if you've posted about yours recently, let me know!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x