Monday 25 February 2013

My Amazing Weekend


Last week I was stressed and feeling quite lady-emotional (you know what I mean, girls!). I was anxious about a couple of things I had coming up, I wasn't sleeping and I kind of fell out with one of my best friends, so I was just generally feeling poopy for a few days.

However… I've just had the best few days I've had in such a long time. You know when you have a great few days and it seems like everything that you were stressing or upset about before has just dissolved and all you can think of is the great things going on in your life? Well I feel like that right now.

So this post is really just to describe everything over the past few days that have made me feel this way! I think it is important to focus on the good things in your life and although bad things happen and they do take energy and deserve to be 'respected', they shouldn't be dwelled upon unnecessarily, so I am trying to take a much more positive outlook on life as much as I can. This is mainly due to the Being Happy video by Louise of Sprinkle of Glitter, which I will include at the end of this post. (It's 20 minutes long, but so worth it!) So this might be a very soppy post, for which I apologize in advance!


Friday
My amazing few days started with a really nice lunch in this cute tearoom in Huddersfield with my lovely friend Sarah, followed by a fantastic performance of an opera we are both the leading ladies in. It was attended by a sell-out audience, in a lovely venue and it went really well and was so well-received. I stayed at my director's house that night and got to hear the comments on the feedback forms, all of which were so complimentary and made me feel lovely. And on that note, even though it was a very last minute arrangement (made that day), my director was so hospitable and made me feel so at home, it was so nice – so thank you, Jane!

Saturday
Lucia and wine
Yesterday didn't start amaaazingly, but that wasn't anything but the effects of nerves. I was up really early to get ready and leave for a train to London for an audition, and I had butterflies from the off. But I made myself eat (which I find so difficult when feeling sick with nerves!), and I left on time and the trains were all running smoothly so I got to London without any hitches and it was all good. However, another thing I was nervous about was travelling in London alone for the first time. I was sure that there would be lots of problems with the tubes and I'd need to find alternative routes and I would be late for my audition (although I had allowed 4 times the amount of time I actually needed!). But, even though some lines were down, mine wasn't so I got to my audition nice and early. I won't go into details about it, but my audition went well and I've got a recall. Yay! And even if it goes no further, I'll still be happy as I had a great time, learnt a lot in the short space of time I was there and met some really awesome, like-minded people.
Then I met up with one of my bestest friends Lucia (a.k.a. my "twinny", as we're very similar when we're together) and although I was already feeling good, the second I saw her, I could feel myself lighting up and any troubles just melting away. It's amazing how friends and family can do that sometimes. You just need to know they're there, and then everything is good. It's like going to that 'happy place' some people have, but it's 'happy people'. So that was great, then after we had gone to hers to regain some energy, we went out for a meal, some wine and lots of conversation at The Leather Bottle Pub which was looovely, and it was just one of the best evenings I've had in ages. Then we went home, had a cuppa and then fell asleep in front of Sex and the City. Perfect.

Sunday
Today we had a lie-in and Lucia was so sweet and woke me up with a cup of tea – we like tea – and we chilled in front of Friends with bagels (thanks Luce!) before getting ready and going to Wimbledon. There, we went to the cinema and saw Les Mis. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to see that film. (For those of you reading who know me at all, I'm sure this will come as a huge shock to you. It's okay, I've seen it now. Take deep breaths. In and out.) And another shock is that I've never actually seen the stage show, only the anniversary concert DVDs. But considering yesterday was only the 3rd time in my life that I'd visited London, it's not too much of a biggy I suppose. Anyway, I loved the film. Of course I did. I found it very hard to not burst out into song in the cinema as of course I know pretty much all the music, but I refrained and was quite impressed by most of the singing (although Hugh Jackman is no comparison to Alfie Boe in Bring Him Home) and the acting was just wonderful. So I'm really pleased to have finally seen it, and thank you to Lucia for suggesting it, even though she'd already seen it before. Then we headed to Kings Cross for my train home. We were really early so we went up to a pub in the station for chips and pudding and a glass of wine (nutritious!), and then we said farewell and I left. It wasn't a sad goodbye though as I’ll see her in a couple of weeks. And although the massive delays on the train home could have tainted my mood, I'd had such a good few days and I sorted stuff out with my friend with whom I'd fallen out previously, so I just felt nice and warm and fuzzy. I got home to a lovely cosy house, a cuddle from my auntie and a cup of tea. And then eventually, I started writing this.


So to conclude, I’m feeling pretty happy right now. If anything, this is for me to look back on in times when I'm feeling low or disheartened to remind myself that there are so many good things going on in life that often don't get the credit they deserve (so stay positive, Wendy)!

Cheese over. I'm going to bed. Night night :)

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments, I love getting them! If you fancy getting in touch directly, tweet me @wendy_carr :) x